Monday, March 9, 2009

When stressed - PRAY!!


Saturday morning 7 March 7:45am
Blood flew out of my right forefinger. It was painful.

I knew then that I was having tremendous stress for the last 2 weeks because of work. I usually could not tell that I was stressful until 3 things happened. Or at least 2 things happened.

One is that when I start getting ulcers. Also, I would be very absent-minded and forgetful. Third, when my thoughts drift away while doing things.

That’s when it happened. I was cutting the bread that morning but my mind was still thinking of the problems at work. In that flick of a moment, I accidently cut my right forefinger. Worst, I had sharpened the knife before cutting the bread. You know how soft bread is. So I needed a very sharp knife to cut it without exerting a lot of pressure.

Then the week before, I misplaced my ezlink card. My wife has changed for me to a new card. Though I seldom use it, I think it is a good idea to have one. I remember clearly I was reading it and decided to put it in my wallet. But it was not in there. I can’t remember what happened after reading it. My mind was totally blank. I can’t even recall what I did to it.

Fortunately, I did not have any ulcers.

Saturday morning 7 March 10:15am
I received a call from my boss while I was at my office. Good news!!! One of the very difficult projects is now working. On Friday night, the engineers finally got some workable results. I am the designer and am very stressed by it. But Friday night was prayer night in Bethany PC so I quietly left early.

****

A few days ago, whether by God intervention or not, I managed to get the 21.75GHz oscillators working. I still do not how it happened. All I know is that I prayed almost every minute while working on this. Then I decided to write in my blog about this (2nd March, Monday night).

Spend the Tuesday night praying.

On Wednesday morning, I decided to do exactly what I done before, and just pray. Amazingly it worked. Then I tried to do the same for another unit, but it didn’t work.

Spend the Wednesday night praying.

On Thursday morning, again decided to do the same thing the day before. Now it worked, but with a bit of glitch. After much fine tuning, the result's more acceptable.


I still have a lot of other difficult works to tackle. Must PRAY!!

No comments: