Sunday, August 9, 2009

Devotional Thoughts: Be an evangelist?

“That person doesn’t behave as if he is a Christian” my General Manager / boss blurted out after we were talking about dealings with people issue.

The passage today from The Daily Bread brought back thoughts of my conversation with my General Manager last Friday:

http://www.rbc.org/devotionals/our-daily-bread/2009/08/09/devotion.aspx


Seizing the opportunity to talk about Christianity, I emphasized that we are sinners and that is why we all need Christ as our Saviour. But when we are pardoned from our sin, we need to develop a life changes toward Godliness. It is sad that sometime, Christian don’t display a life that is required of our faith and so stumble unbelievers.

While our ministry may not be that of an evangelist, like Timothy (2Tim 4:5), what we can do as a Christian is to look out for opportunity to share the Gospel, not forcefully, but help others see the need to put their faith in Christ.

There are a few ways to create opportunities for sharing the Gospel. First of all, we need to make our faith in Christ public. If we are ashamed to be identified as Christians, there is no way we can be Christ’s witness. Praying before meal is a good practice. Wearing a cross round your neck (for ladies) is another testimony. Some Christian put Bible verses as screen-savers on their computer. For me, I usually leave my Bible on my desk.

Be a witness – by word and by behaviour.

No comments: